Joseph Pilates, the creator of pilates designed Pilates Chair equipment for the small New York houses. Chair is nowadays widely used for both the body control and balance exercises.
Initial chairs were without the handles. However the handles give the opportunity for dozens of extra exercises. The advantage of chair equipment is its compactness. Two wheels at the bottom of the body make it easy to move the chair after completing the exercises. The wheels do not touch the ground during the exercises. Therefore, the chair is robust and stable during the exercises.
Chair comes with 4 pieces of springs with 2 different levels of hardness. The user can replace the springs easily once they are wore or just to upgrade to the harder springs.
The color of the leather is black, by default, however different colors are available, upon request. The wooden parts come with original color, sanded and lacquered.
More than chair
First chair equipment are created by adding some features to ordinary kitchen chairs. After a short time, the sports equipment manufacturers started to produce a special chair equipment for pilates exercises.
- The main part of the chair is sitting part and this part is used during the most exercises.
- Unlike the classical design, we have added 2 handles to the chair, for increasing the quantity of chair exercises.
- There are 2 foot bars for the leg exercises. The springs connect the foot bars to the main body. The spring quantity and spring type determine the hardness of the exercise.
- Exercises on the Chair equipment gives the flexibility, strengthen the abdominal muscles and leg muscles.
- Chair is suitable both for the group lessons and for the personal use at home.